Preheat oven to 350.
- 3/4 C raisins
- 1/4 C orange juice
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 C sugar or substitute 1/2 C agave sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/4 C cooking oil (I use vegetable oil)
- 3/4 C chopped walnuts
- Grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan. In a small bowl stir together the raisins and orange juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Add all wet ingredients to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy while still warm!