A few days ago I shared a photo of one of my poor fabric grow pots that was being eaten through by mice, along with much of the foliage. While it wasn’t quite time to harvest, I reluctantly did just that today to end the destruction and salvage what was left of my tots. To my surprise, I found a nice little harvest after I removed the foliage and dumped the soil onto a plastic tarp.
Here’s how some came out as I pulled up the greens:
Not the most impressive lot, but I’m pleased to have this many considering the rodent issue and the premature harvest. Luckily I have one more grow pot in another part of the backyard with my highly anticipated blue potatoes. So far that one is rodent-free.