- 6 large eggs (either just whites or a few yolks). Make it 5 eggs if you’re adding all the yolks.
- 1/2 C low-fat milk
- 6 slices if cheddar cheese chopped into small cubes. Can also use Provolone, Gruyere, Swiss, or any combination you like.
- 1 1/2 C chopped veggies. I like broccoli, beets, carrots, squash, green beans, bell peppers…whatever you like!
- 1/2 of medium chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Any fresh herbs you may have on hand-parsley and thyme are good ones.
Preheat oven to 425.
Steam chopped vegetables until just tender (about 4 minutes); drain. Saute onion in butter until translucent (about 5 minutes).
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in milk, cheese, steamed vegetables, onion (with butter from saute pan), salt & pepper and optional herbs. Pour into a tin/metal/or glass pie dish.
Place on cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 375 for 40 minutes or until done. Quiche is done when it is firm in the center and springs back when touched lightly.